I am a multidisciplinary designer, specialising in Service Design, Graphic Design and Illustration, passionate about strengthening communities.
My work is people centred: concerned with the needs or unique value of the individual, and by extension, the needs and value of communities. This is a strength in my work as a Service Designer, together with my aptitudes for storytelling, information synthesis and big picture thinking.
Lufbra Global Service Jam
2016 - Key Member of team selected for enterprise award. Awarded first place for a Mental Health support service.
2015 - Key Member of team awarded a special commendation for presentation skills.
2014 - Key Member of team selected for enterprise award. Awarded second place as well as award for most innovative project.
Service Design Intern - Government Digital Service (Jul 2017 – Sept 2017)
I worked as the UK government's first Service Design intern during the summer of my first year at the RCA. I worked as part of a multidisciplinary team during the discovery stage of a national project. I was responsible for running Ideation sessions, identifying User Needs and designing research tools to be used in testing sessions.
Junior Graphic Designer - Annoushka Ltd. (Jan 2015 – Sept 2016)
I was responsible for the conceptual development of projects and their realisation. Graphic Design practice included the design of marketing materials for print and web, code manipulation, image manipulation, prototyping and prop making. Notable projects included lead of a company wide review of customer touch points and subsequent redesign of systems and materials, contribution to major redesign of website and brochure design for major events.
Graphic Design Intern - Annoushka Ltd. (Aug 2014 – Dec 2014)
Fulfilling the role of Graphic Design Assistant, including print and web layout, image manipulation and editorial design.
Freelance Graphic Designer (2011 – present)
Example projects include:
– Design of head teachers application pack for St. John the Baptist Primary School Hoxton.
– Design of website and marketing materials for community projects in the Hoxton area.
– Branding concept for fair trade cake business – including logo, web based materials and business cards.
Freelance Illustrator (2009 – present)
Example projects include:
– Design of creative tools for capturing emotions. Utilised in a live user centred design project for Nissan cars.
– Set of 30 illustrations for a research publication designed to help older workers improve their journey to work.
– Design and project management of a large wall mural for children’s orphanage and inner city church in Bulgaria.
– Set of wall panels depicting the solar system for a Community College Science Building
Art Camp Leader - Rawlins Academy Children’s Holiday Camps (2009 – August 2014)
Planning activities, teaching, overseeing a team of assistants and responsible for a class of 10-30 children.